Sitewide Slideshow Nov 2017 1 Image Sitewide Slideshow Nov 2017 2 Image Sitewide Slideshow Nov 2017 3 Image Sitewide Slideshow Nov 2017 4 Image
Sitewide Slideshow Nov 2017 1 Image
Bristol Community College Logo

Financial Aid Process for Transfer Students

Complete the forms for the specific schools you are planning to attend. Almost all schools require that you file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form for financial aid. You can file a FAFSA online. If you have previously filled out a FAFSA, you should receive a renewal form in the mail.

The requirements for financial aid differ among institutions. All schools require the FAFSA. Some, especially private institutions, require the CSS Profile, and some require supplemental forms.  Check the web sites of the four-year college or university to see which forms are needed.

If you have questions about Federal student aid programs, call the U.S. Department of Educations toll-free number, 1-800-4-FED AID (1-800-433-3243) or check out their web site:

For more information on financial aid, visit Financial Aid/Paying.

Additional Information is available at:

Cost Saving Alternatives

Attending college can be expensive, but there are many ways in addition to financial aid to reduce "sticker shock." The programs listed below provide substantial savings to BCC students and NONE require that students demonstrate financial aid eligibility. 


A collaborative effort among nine colleges in Southeastern Massachusetts allowing a full-time student at a SACHEM institution to enroll in a limited number of courses at other SACHEM institutions. For additional information please click here.Click here for the SACHEM Brochure.

New England Board of Higher Education Tuition Break (NEBHE)

New England Board of Higher Education tuition break.  Provides an out-of-state tuition discount for residents of the six New England states enrolling in approved degree programs at public colleges and universities in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. Hundreds of degree programs are eligible. Click here for more information. 

Proximity and Regional Tuition and Fee Plans 

Out-of-state students may qualify for a tuition reduction at colleges and universities in neighboring states:

MassTransfer Tuition Credit

Students who complete an A2B Degree with a 3.00 or greater GPA will receive the MassTransfer Tuition Credit for two years at the state university or University of Massachusetts campus, provided they (1) matriculate within one year of receiving an associate degree; (2) enroll continuously (full-time or part-time) in day program; and (3) achieve 3.00 GPA after the first two semesters. Click here to see how the MassTransfer Tuition Credit can benefit you. 

Cost Savings by Attending BCC 

Students who attend BCC before enrolling in a bachelor’s degree granting institution can save thousands. Click Here for a chart illustrating the potential savings at local institutions.

Scholarship Opportunities

Click here for information on transfer scholarships.  

Contact Details

Transfer Services
777 Elsbree St
Fall River, MA
Phone: 774.357.2234
Location: G211

Event Calendar

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 15:00:00 GMT

Walk-In Transfer Counseling at the Taunton Campus (2/28/2018)


Bookmark and Share

Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 23:00:00 GMT

Phi Theta Kappa Induction Ceremony (4/13/2018)


Bookmark and Share