Community Service Leader Program
Through the Community Service Leader Program, you will receive special training to learn project design skills, problem-solving strategies, team-building skills, and how to identify community needs. You will design and implement a project that aims to address the unmet community need.
Steps to Become a Community Service Leader:
- Attend the community leadership workshop series through the office of civic engagement or participate in the community leadership seminar (PSY 295).
- Self-design a service project that meets a community need.
- Recruit and lead a minimum of five peers on the project. Submit a leadership proposal by workshop one or week four of the semester.
- Throughout your service project, keep record of all time spent by you and your volunteers in GivePulse. All hours, reflection assignments, and project tasks need to be completed and recorded in GivePulse prior to finals week (or by deadline set by your faculty member).
- Receive a Certificate of Accomplishment as a Community Leader and be publicly recognized at Student Awards Night and Commencement by wearing a Red Cord and receiving a special notation in the Commencement program.